Monday, July 24, 2017

July 22, 2017

This was my first night going out (around 11pm) to observe and report on the night sky, however an unsuccessful one at that. It was a cloudy night and thus, I could not see a single star with the naked eye. I did, however, see (through the SkyView app) that Saturn and Jupiter would have been in sight had there not been so many clouds or trees in the way. In the meantime, I will keep watching for these planets, as well as other stars and constellations - and I’ll be sure to post about anything interesting I see.

I couldn’t see anything, but this screenshot shows where Saturn was in the sky
(I’ll do a post in the future about the SkyView app)

2 comments:

  1. What is a skyview app? And isnt there a solar eclipse coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SkyView is an app that allows you to see what stars, planets, and even satellites are in the sky that you phone camera is pointing at. Don't worry, a post is coming soon all about it!
      Yes, there will be a solar eclipse on August 21st. It's coming up! I hope I will get to observe it!
      Now, I am off to go look outside and see what I can see up there!
      Thanks for reading, commenting, and supporting my blog!
      - The North Star Gazer

      Delete