Thursday, August 17, 2017

let's talk

You could say life happens. But it'd be more truthful to say procrastination happens.


I am known for my procrastination - so much that I once wrote an article for the school paper about procrastination and submitted it at 12:04 am the day after it was due (I mean, it was just 5 minutes late, right? LOL). But that is a prime example of me always waiting until the last moment to get things done. And that includes my blog. Most days, I'd wait to start writing my This Day in Space History posts until around 9 or 9:30 at night. And by the time I finish, there's not much time left to spend working on other side posts (I currently have 2 started but not ready to post). And you might have noticed that I missed a daily post on August 14th and 16th. I started both of them, but just... never really finished.

I was going to post an update like this closer to when school starts, but since I just missed another day, I think I should address it all now. For the rest of the summer, I will keep trying to post everyday, as well as work hard to pre-write as many History posts as I can so that they are all ready to be posted (I can schedule the publish time&date).  I am thinking, however, that pre-writing so many posts is not possible, so I think I will start by pre-writing every other day so that next year I could post the ones I didn't finish (including 8/14 and 8/16). And if there's a day I can get an extra one in, that's great!

So I think that's all I had to say. If I think of something else, I'll update the post.
Now, I want to set a goal for myself today...and publishing it online will sort of hold me accountable to at least try to get it all done. So today, I really want to work on/complete the following:
  • This Day in Space History 8/17
    • started about 6:30 and its about 7:30 now    go read!!
  • extra post #1  {preferably completed and published} 
    • it's 12:08 pm and I just finished (started at 11 am!!!!)    go read!!
  • extra post #2  {preferably completed, but if not, its ok}
  • pre-write a history post for when school starts again {completed and scheduled}
Wow, looks like today's gonna be a big blogging day! I'll edit this post each time I finish a task and say what time it is that I worked/finished. It is currently 10:58 am. Let's go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment