Thursday, August 31, 2017

Dream Big Galaxy Bracelet


Inspired by Oh The Lovely Things' galaxy necklace, I sought to make my own similar creation, which was super easy and quick to make. So off I went to Hobby Lobby for the supplies.
    Here are the materials I used to make my galaxy bracelet:
    • bracelet cord • "dream big" charm • mini star charms • jump rings • a sponge • jewelry pliers • different colored nail polish •
    note: you only really need a few colors, but I had so many  appropriate colors at home that I added a good majority of the ones pictured here


    I started with a dark base coat, which I applied with the brush and let sit to dry. Then I just went a little crazy sponging on the colors (I literally have no control!!), continuously adding a dab of pink here and a dab of green there, oh wait! a tad bit more of pink and so on and so forth. Once it had dried and I was happy with how the colors looked blended together, I put some clear polish with glitter as my top coat, giving it that starry feel I was going for.

    here's what the charm ended up looking like - I used different light settings so you could see the depth of all the colors (and the glitter!)

    The assembly was also very simple: First, I opened up two jump rings with the pliers, fitting the ends of the charm into the rings. Next, I added one star charm to the jump ring so that it would slightly overlap the main charm. Lastly, I closed the jump rings around the clasps in the cord to put the whole piece together.


    This was so simple to make, but it looks great and provides a nice message - DREAM BIG - to those like me who like to gaze at the sky, always dreaming, always wondering.



    Once again, a special thanks to Oh the Lovely Things for the inspiration - originally on a beautiful triangle necklace. 


    🌠 π••π•£π•–π•’π•ž π•“π•šπ•˜,
     π•Ÿπ• π•£π•₯𝕙 𝕀π•₯𝕒𝕣 π•˜π•’π•«π•–π•£



    1 comment: