Friday, December 29, 2017

Polaris, Cassiopeia, and the Big Dipper Later in the Year


When I went out this night, there was so much to see and being out there left me with such a happy feeling.
For this task I had to view Polaris, Cassiopeia, and the Big Dipper and compare what I saw to when I observed them earlier in the year (10/1). I noticed a shift in the orientation of the Big Dipper and that Cassiopeia had moved to the opposite side of Polaris.
It wasn’t necessary that I included these in my drawing, but I saw Castor and Pollux, Capella, and Orion, the latter two of which were very bright.

The next task was to go out a few hours later and look at the same things again, so let’s check out what I saw later in the night!



Related Observations:
Polaris, Cassiopeia, and the Big Dipper  http://northstargazer.blogspot.com/2017/10/polaris-cassiopeia-and-big-dipper.html?m=1
Polaris, Cassiopeia, and the Big Dipper Later in the Night  http://northstargazer.blogspot.com/2017/12/polaris-cassiopeia-and-big-dipper-later_29.html?m=1


No comments:

Post a Comment